…it’s kinda my thing !!

This week I have started to embroider the top part of my second dress for my upcoming collection. And as you may have noticed the collection will contain lots of embroidered flowers, it’s kinda my thing! Below you can see what I’ve been working with for the last days.

IMG_6916

The top part is sewed with same tulle fabric that I used for the flower dress. You can also see that a hidden zipper has been sewn onto the side.

IMG_6946

I continue to use DMC Mouliné thread, but this time I use two different shades for the flower pattern (#3740, #154)

IMG_6928

When I embroider the front parts I always begin to cover the bust. Then I cover the center part and finally the sides.

IMG_6921

I use the same embroidery technique as I always do, only this time the size of the flowers are smaller.

IMG_6307

This is my original sketch of the dress. I wanted to cover the whole top with flowers and I especially wanted the flowers to get smaller on the upper part.

IMG_6942

I realized that the smaller flowers didn’t look as good as I imagined it. So, I decided to skip my original idea as I always do.

IMG_6937

This is how the front part will look like. I think I will embroider some more flowers on the sides for more coverage and I will also embroider flowers on the arms.

IMG_6936

// love nütie

Final details !!

Now when I have finished the embroidering there’s only some small details to finish. For the moment I’m adjusting the length of the dress which actually takes some time because the dress consists of 3 layers, so there’s a lot of fabric to cut. But I must say that I’m incredible satisfied with the result so far.           

IMG_6293_1

// love nütie

760 meters yarn so far !!

You may have been wondering where Nütie is? The truth is that I have been embroidering flowers all summer long, which means that the creation of the Flower Dress continues. The foundation of the dress is finished but I’m still embroidering flowers and I have used 760 meters embroidery yarn so far, but I still have lots of work left. 

IMG_6182// love nütie

 

sneak peek of the “Flower dress”

Here’s a little sneak peek of how the dress looks so far. As you can see the front part have been covered and I will begin to embroider flowers on the back of the dress. But, once again I don’t have embroidery thread left.

IMG_5489IMG_5619 IMG_5264

The upper middle flower has disturbed me from the beginning, so I decided to embroider a new flower. It really hurt to cut the flower, but the devil is in the details so I had to do it. And I’m very pleased with the result so I don’t regret it ;)

IMG_5265IMG_5269IMG_5270IMG_5271

// love nütie

purple flowers !!

 

So, the embroidering continues and the front part of the top is starting to get covered. I have lots of embroidering left to do but you may get to see a sneak peek pretty soon of me wearing the dress.I visited another yarn store the other day and bought all the embroidery threads that were left, I guess there will not be any threads left of this shade once I’m finished with the dress ;)

IMG_5210IMG_5200IMG_5245IMG_5248

// love nütie

The creating continues !!

IMG_4981

IMG_5014

IMG_5066

The skirt part is almost finished, I have sewn on one layer of tulle but I will properly sew on two more layers to create more coverage. I didn’t use any patterns for the skirt I just measured and cut the fabric. Sew wrinkles!

IMG_5081IMG_5089

The skirt part consists of two identical parts, one for the front and one for the back. After sewing the wrinkles it’s time to attach the skirt part onto the top part.

IMG_5098IMG_5099

Now it actually begins to look like a dress but as you can see the wrinkled edge is now on the inside of the dress. I will cut it eventually and I will also cut all the threads that is visible.
I’m also considering if I should sew on a invisible zipper but I haven’t decided it yet.

IMG_5102IMG_5105

One of my bad habits is that I always go on to the next step without actually finishing the first step, so I did it again. I should attach and cut all the threads, but it’s too boring so I started to embroider instead. Just like last time I will use paper patterns when embroidering so I approximately know where to embroider the flowers.
At the right picture you can see that the skirt part is very transparent and that’s why I will sew on more layers of tulle. But I have almost use the 7m of tulle I bought last week so I need to buy more fabric.

IMG_5119IMG_5108

I will use two sizes of wooden frames to stretch the fabric when embroidering. I embroider the same type of flowers as I did for the “Flower Top”, consisting of french knots in the middle. Embroidering flowers!

IMG_5111IMG_5112

Thereafter I sew simple stitches to create the petals and I’m very happy with the result.
I have looots of flowers left to embroider.

IMG_5115IMG_5117

I don’t have any embroidery thread left after embroidering two flowers so I also need to buy lots of embroidery thread. The dress has become pretty heavy so I will not have it on the mannequin anymore because the dress is very fragile.

// Love nütie